During the course of the construction project, communication channels with the homeowners need to be set-up. The homeowners should be informed on a regular basis exactly of what is happening, who is on-site, what they are working on, and how work is progressing. These channels of communication may include:
- Scheduling information meetings. These meetings should allow an information exchange between the construction professionals and allow for a question and answer period.
- Sending a newsletter to the homeowners in regular intervals.
- Having the construction professionals available for direct communication with the homeowners during general meetings
- Providing good minutes that adequately summarize information exchanges and decisions following general meetings.
- The General Contractor may have a full time liaison assigned to the project, a dedicated website for owner updates, or other systems in place to facilitate clear lines of communication.